Wednesday, May 9, 2012

my secret garden...

I am not a gardener, but yes I do garden....I don't have a green thumb...I like the gardening done, just like the laundry, the dishes, and beds made...I want it done. I just don't like doing it! And by the way, I am also a reader who rarely reads and a quilter who never quilts.....So, that being said...I try my best to just get the job done! I have moss on everything...truly everything in the garden...I have spent the last several weeks 'scraping' off the moss and putting down 'preen'.....so the other day when I came to this Rhododendron, that was cloaked in moss. I remembered a picture I saw on Pinterest....It was of a moss covered castle...under a bush...so I got out my knife and hand tools, gathered a few props..and within minutes had the most magical surprise in the garden!

this is a picture of the moss...so much moss!!!

and under the Rhodie you can see the little 'house' I built...

here it is ...a little elf retreat!!!
just a little scrape down the front and a few rocks and little door and viola!  a perfect cottage!!!

Here is the cottage a little closer......

and a super close picture! I added some mini pine cones and clam shells.....see the heart shaped rock over the door? Yes, this is significant!

and there you have it! A whimsical little fun fantasy place....I am still looking for a little clip-on dragonfly to put on one of the branches of the Rhododendron....I love this little piece of paradise!!!

Cheers to Happy  !!

4 comments:

  1. That is adorable! Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable! Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable!! I have an elf clothesline I hang inside the Christmas tree each year. I love your moss.. My hubby is trying to get some to grow in his garden here in Louisville! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sooo cute! way to go...here I was thinking you hammered and nailed something together, but this is soooo much cuter!
    Auntie Janet

    ReplyDelete