Saturday, November 6, 2010

Gaucho seasoning...

Last year my sister gave me a great seasoned salt from Paula Deen, I used that seasoning on everything! It is especially good on meat...it is called her house seasoning. Every good restaurant has one....at my restaurant we have one called Gaucho seasoning...I never thought much about it until I was out of my Paula Deen's...I looked closely at what was in the Paula's seasoning and it was the same ingredients as our housemade Gaucho seasoning...so I cleverly made my own, and I will share our recipe...It is not a secret, (whoops) I don't think it is anyway....

this recipe consists of these four ingredients....
white pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
and plain salt
measure 1/3 cup of each, white pepper, onion powder, garlic powder in a bowl....

add 1 cup of salt and stir and presto! there you have it! Gaucho seasoning! season your meat, and especially your mashed potatoes...

put it in a small container so you can add it by the teaspoon full and pinch...

Cheers to Happy  !!

1 comment:

  1. I sure like this idea, Debbie! And maybe I can include a jar of it in my Christmas baskets for my kids! Thanks!!!! . . . so easy, too!

    ReplyDelete