2 2/3 cups chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 small handful of dried cherries or cranberries
13 large marshmallows, halved around the circumference
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted if desired
1) Line an 8" x 8" square or 9" round pan, or a small oblong with parchment, and butter the parchment. If you don't have parchment, use waxed paper or plastic wrap
a small group of ingredients....
2) Combine the chocolate, cream, corn syrup, and vanilla in a saucepan set over low heat on the stove) till the cream is hot and the chocolate has softened.
4) Remove from the heat, and stir till the chocolate has melted and everything is smooth.
5) Spread about 3/4 cup of the melted chocolate in the bottom of the pan.
6) Space the marshmallow halves atop the chocolate. Distribute the walnuts evenly in the spaces between the marshmallows.
7) Spread the remaining chocolate atop the marshmallows and walnuts, spreading to the edge of the pan so that everything is covered.
8) Refrigerate for an hour or so, to set the chocolate. Remove from the refrigerator, and loosen the candy from the edges of the pan
9) Bring to room temperature, and leave in the pan, covered with plastic, till you're ready to cut into squares.
My only warning to you is DO NOT eat too many of these before going to bed....unless of course you want to read all night and then of course Enjoy!!!!!
Cheers to Happy !!