Monday, February 7, 2011

Easy Macaroni and Cheese for grown-ups....

This Macaroni and Cheese is so perfect! It is great by itself or with a steak (or polish sausage in my case)! I made this recipe up the other day.....really I made it up..maybe someone, somewhere thought of this but I thought of it here, right here, right now......In Seattle there is a cheese shop at Pike Street named Beechers cheese. They sell their own house made Macaroni and Cheese, among other things...Oprah this last year claimed this as one of her 'favorite things'....it is a grown-up Macaroni and Cheese. I have eaten it many times and this is very much the same flavor profile....When I was thinking of writing a recipe at work that anyone can do, consistently, like my cooks, for instance....I came up with this....the Alfredo sauce that you start with has all the richness that homemade Macaroni and Cheese has, butter, cream, garlic and Parmesan...then adding Monterey Jack and Cheddar, and noodles..... you have it! The perfect ingredients for Macaroni and Cheese....So good!
there are 4 ingredients...Penne Pasta, fine shred Cheddar Cheese and Monterey Jack, fresh Alfredo Sauce and chipolte chile....

boil 1 pound of Penne noodles.....you could use a different noodle if you like.....

after the noodles are cooked put the 20 ounces of Alfredo sauce in a pan and bring to a full boil....then turn off heat....

add a 1/4 teaspoon of chipolte chili powder.....this gives the sauce the smallest little kick...and a little color...my grandaughter loved this pasta (she won't eat spicy food)...so I would say it is very 'kid approved'

add 2 cups of fine cheese......I think you could add some other bits of cheeses you have on hand...as long as it equals 2 cups and it is finely shredded....

whisk......


add noodles and stir......

this is enough for a large family as a side dish or 4 as a main dish....

there you have it! The best Macaroni and Cheese you have ever tasted! right in your own kitchen...people will swear you worked for hours..it is so rich and creamy and flavorful!

Cheers to Happy  !!

No comments:

Post a Comment