Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bloody Mary Gazpacho......

All of America is having a heat wave except the Pacific Northwest...today we reached 80 degrees....it has been unusually cold here, I think most people here would not wish for the over 100 degree heat you all have been having , but we sure are missing shirtsleeve weather......today was the first day I did not wear a jacket when I went outside, yep the 23rd of July......when I got home from work the house was hot and something cold was just the ticket for dinner, that and finally eating outside on the patio....this recipe is a procedure...and the amounts you use and the ingredients depends on you and what you like!

I started with roasting some fresh corn, on the gas BBQ...I pulled back the husks and removed the silk and then covered the corn again with the husks...I cooked them on high, until hot and done......I did this while I cut up the other vegetables....

the corn is perfect.....

just peal off the husks and cut the corn off the cob for your soup.....

you will want to buy some tomato juice and bloody mary mix....spicy bloody mary mix has all the right spices, it makes this dish super easy......

cut up with what you want in your soup...I had cilantro, red onions, chopped small...cucumber, seeded and chopped small, tomato, seeded and chopped small....and avocado, chopped small, and large cooked shrimp, and fresh roasted corn, the corn added such a freshness and sweetness....I thought I had just the right amount for a big serving, for one.....

but no, there was too much for the bowl....so it was necessary to transfer to another bowl ....
  
much better now!

add equal ingredients of the tomato juice and spicy bloody mary mix.....stir....

squeeze a lime over all and taste...Good? Oh yeah!...

add a dollop of sour cream on top and serve!

                                                                               hmmmmm.....

I could really eat this every day...!!!!..add what you like...this would be great with green peppers and red peppers also....maybe jalapeno....scallops would be good and even oysters....make it your own!

Cheers to Happy  !!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Not real sure about this one. It looks delicious but I do not like bloody mary mix. Same thing with V8 juice. (I do like tomato juice).

    But, if given the chance I would certainly try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie this looks awesome!!! I would certainly try this one!! :0) This is Auntie Janet

      Delete