Thursday, September 1, 2011

Caesar Salad in Parmesan Bowls...

This is the beginning of a series of a few posts of the Great American Picnic....it is a family picnic/reunion...it is not traditional, or not for you anyway, but very traditional for my family...we make booths and food and invite others to come and judge our wares, I know, I know....we are very twisted, but this is what we do for fun! ...it is action packed from start to finish....this recipe is the first food I tasted at the picnic...it was so wonderful! It looks easy although I have not made it, it looks like something I can do....

Caesar salad in Parmesan bowls

this is Mary Jo and Dan....Mary Jo made the food and Dan constructed the booth...I would like to add that they just got married this summer! Yay!

you put Parmesan on a non-stick pan over medium heat and brown...just grated Parmesan...nothing else...not to thick...spread it out a little....

watch carefully this goes rather fast...

Mary Jo used one of these portable propane burners...(this is my new want....)

so here we go again...watch closely.....

starts to brown and flip, cook a little more on the oppposite side and it is finished...ready to be molded.....the smell of the cheese cooking is wonderful!!!!

this is what Mary Jo did...she placed them on the back of a non stick cupcake pan...to shape the bowl....

she formed the bowl around the 'mold' with a glass.....it is ok if it comes apart in places...lacey is good...

flip it over...as it cools it is firm and crisp, fill with salad, top with sliced almonds....and pass them out...about a hundred times over...she was one busy girl....

oh and I almost forgot...Mary Jo also won the pie contest for 'Best Pie'! a Peach Cream...I will try to get you all that recipe...it was award winning!!! Thanks Mary Jo!!!!!

Cheers to Happy  !!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the very honorable mention. I should have done my hair and makeup, so the 90 degree weather, and the cooking of the cheese could melt it all off..never mind.
    Thanks for featuring us!
    Mary Jo and Dan

    ReplyDelete