Thursday, April 5, 2012

Baked hard boiled eggs...

I know that doesn't sound right, baked hard boiled eggs, but I am not sure what else to call them...I recently heard about doing this from an Alton Brown show...I had to color a bunch of eggs for Easter and thought I would give this a try...It is the best way ever to do this! Just set the eggs directly on the oven rack in a cold oven, turn the oven on to 325...close the door, set the timer to 25 minutes...and that is it...when then are done, they are perfect! the yolks were done, the whites are a little softer, than normal (my brother tested one)..I was amazed at how much easier it was...
Here they are lined up like little soldiers...

close the door, set the degrees and timer....

out of the oven, they have little brown specs on them...

that wash right off.....

cool and they are ready to eat or color!

Cheers to Happy !!

2 comments:

  1. Question: can I put the eggs in right out of the fridge or do they need to be room temperature?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put the eggs into the oven right from the fridge and it worked fine. It is such a fool proof way to make hard boiled (baked) eggs. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete