Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pecan Pie Brittle...



Pecan Pie Brittle

The holidays are quickly upon us....we are really ready, right? Well of course not! I have so many plans and really not enough time...This recipe is one that I saw in Saveur Magazine....I thought it was the perfect do-ahead recipe!!! 

INGREDIENTS
2 cups sugar
2½ cups broken pecans
6 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. kosher salt


INSTRUCTIONS
Heat sugar in a 4-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat; cook, swirling pan often, until golden amber and completely liquefied. Add pecans and butter and cook, stirring, until caramel is liquid again and butter is absorbed, about 2 minutes. Combine vanilla extract and baking soda in a bowl and then add to pan along with salt; stir to combine. Pour onto a baking sheet lined with foil or a silicone baking mat and spread into an even layer with a small rubber spatula. Wait until cool and then break into pieces and store...


following directions. melt the sugar..and then things happens way to fast to take pictures...

then ready to pour!

spread on the prepared pan...and let cool...right now I want you to turn around and fill the empty brittle sauce pan with water and let it soak...trust me, you won't be sorry, and will thank me for it...

I put mine into gift bags....after I had tasted some, of course...

This is the perfect gift and just a perfect ending to a delightful holiday dinner...
Cheers to Happy  !!

No comments:

Post a Comment