Friday, January 18, 2013

Poached egg in Avocado..


Poached egg in Avocado is my new love. I can't stop thinking about them. They are easy and flavorful and healthy. Everything a girl needs to get a start to her day. I saw this recently in a magazine. It was a 'why didn't I think of that' moment. An egg poaches perfectly in an avocado...who knew? 


Do you buy Avacado's like me? I love just cutting them in half, a little salt and pepper and spoon and I have my perfect snack.

and Eggs. do you have an unending supply of the perfect food? Thanks to my chickens, Buttercup and MaMa, I do.....

Here is all you do to make this wonderful meal. Get out your pan like this, your steamer....and add an inch of water to the bottom...

just like this, boil the water....

cut your avocado in half...(do a little neater job than I did) 

Flip in over and cut a flat side... 

set it in your pan and crack an egg in the middle....put the lid on and cook boiling for 7 minutes, exactly....

Take it out and set on a plate and ...

top with your choice of salsa, tabasco, hollandaise or just salt and pepper.....you are in for a real taste treat... It is hot and creamy and has tons of flavor bursts....and a bonus? the pan has no mess....no more poached egg, cooked on ickyness to try to blast off in the dishwater...

Cheers to Happy  !!

No comments:

Post a Comment