Lemon Bliss Cake
Move over Starbuck's...we have our own Lemon Cake!...it is surprisingly like Starbucks...this cake is so moist , tender and flavorful...it really is a pound cake...you can taste the fresh lemon and the butter...it is great with a cup of coffee or hot tea...it goes together very easily and quickly....you can use a bundt pan or a loaf pan....you are going to love this!!!!!!
Lemon Bliss Cake
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 cup milk/can be half yogurt
finely grated rind of 2 lemons and 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 10" tube pan, or a 9" to 10", 9- to 10-cup capacity bundt-style pan, or 2 loaf pans...
1) Beat together the butter, sugar, and salt, first till combined, then till fluffy.
2) Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3) Add the baking powder, then add the flour alternately with the milk, starting and ending with the flour. Mix until smooth. Stir in the grated lemon rind or lemon oil.
4) Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
5) Bake the cake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
6) While the cake is baking, make the glaze by stirring together the lemon juice and sugar. Set it aside.
7) Remove the cake from the oven, and set it on a rack. After 5 minutes, run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen, and turn the cake out onto a rack. Place another rack on top, and flip it over, so it's right-side-up.
8) Poke the hot cake all over with a cake tester or toothpick.
9) Stir the glaze to combine, and immediately brush it on the hot cake. Let it sink in, then brush on more glaze, continuing until all the glaze is used up.
10) Allow the cake to cool before slicing.
beat together the butter and sugar.....
add the eggs one at a time....
follow the directions and add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk....
it is very light and creamy when finished
add to buttered pan.....I made a large and small loaf pan....
bake in the oven...
smells like heaven when it comes out of the oven...
drizzle with the sugar lemon glaze....cool....
this would also be great with blueberries, rasberries, strawberries or even blackberries,what the heck just enjoy it plain!!!
Cheers to Happy !!