Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The French Hen...

The French Hen

Today I went to lunch at a darling restaurant called the French Hen! It is located in Lakewood in Washington State....it is owned and operated by my cousin Edie...

This is Edie along with my Aunt Mary and my Mother....Edie came out to greet us, I had the feeling she greets many of her guests much the same way...she has a farm girl hospitality, coming from a large family in Montana and being raised on a farm...we came inside and I couldn't believe my eyes..this restaurant is so enchanting....

Everywhere you look, are little pockets of enchantment....

everything just kept kept getting cuter and cuter!

it is a good idea to call and make reservations...she fills up rather quickly...this is a very popular lunch spot..




she seated us, with a fresh glass of ice water with a mint leaf in it..I was in heaven! Our server was wonderful, she told us all the specials and let us pour over the menu trying to decide...she brought us samples of the soups of the day...she was so knowledgeable..

we ordered soup...this was Fire Roasted Vegetable...

and this was Asiago Bisque...





Yes I really took pictures of every ones food....everything was so wonderful...the coleslaw had a citrus cranberry dressing on it....

then the grand finale....a platter of samplings that is Edie's specialty...one of her many passions is making chocolates...she brought us Bavarian Cream, with strawberry sauce, in the crystal glasses and Pot de Creme served in little child's tea set cups...topped with fresh whipped cream...the chocolates were peppermint, grand mariner and salted Chocolate...the spoons were miniature also..and oh yes raspberries, fresh raspberries.....

I added this picture, because I loved it so and I wanted you to see the beautiful old china dishes we ate our desserts off of, in the picture also are my sister Candy and cousin Susan....after our dessert Edie took us on a tour of the restaurant...

these are some of her wonderful handmade chocolates...

she makes a cherry cordial ...it is one of her specialties...

I can't get enough of her sweet dishes....

wonderful handmade desserts...

there are many family pictures on the wall....this is her grandmother...

and her Aunt....Aunt Edith...


this is a picture of her father on their farm many years ago...

and of her mother and father...

and the back of their pick-up truck going to market...


and a picture of Edie taken several years ago...I think I forgot to tell you she is a singer..a real singer...

this is hanging from the ceiling...isn't it magical?



and back to the entry way....the French Hen...I now am a huge fan! oh and one more picture...

This was in the restroom....I loved it...it is Edie..She is the most marvelous creature in all the land!!!


The French Hen Bistro
                                                              3810 Steilacoom Blvd
                                                               Lakewood, WA 9849
                                                                   (253) 983-1313
                                                               frnchhn@hotmail.com


Cheers to Happy  !!

No comments:

Post a Comment