Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower Spread with Cumin...



This is the inside of my refrigerator, I know it is messy and cluttered, and should be organized and cleaned out, and I will get to that, maybe tomorrow or the day after that ...I have so many garden vegetables and I keep picking and shoving, and shoving....I now need to start making some food with them , and juicing I think...juicing uses alot of fruits and vegetable up...a very good use of produce, a whole bunch of vegetables makes just a little tiny bit of juice... but until then....I found this recipe for a cauliflower dip in the newspaper...it sounded so good and fresh, and healthy, really really healthy......I knew it might be the best thing I ever ate! and it really is! The roasting brings out a nutty and sweetness from the cauliflower, give it a try at your next party...it might be great to top it with some shredded jack cheese and some bacon bits...but of course that is taking something really healthy and adding some fat...so no, don't do it....





Roasted Cauliflower Spread with Cumin 
1 large head of cauliflower cut into bite size pieces (about 6 cups)
6 tablespoons of olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
pita wedges or raw vegetables

Preheat oven to 425. Line a roasting pan with foil and put cauliflower in...drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and sprinkle with the cumin and salt...mix thoroughly and place in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until cauliflower is done...
when done transfer the cauliflower mix into the food processor...add the lemon juice and sesame seeds and blend while adding the 3 tsp of olive oil...blend until smooth and place in a bowl...

use a roasting pan....I used the bottom of the broiler pan...and lined it with foil...

break apart the cauliflower into small pieces....

drizzle with olive oil....

sprinkle with cumin and salt....I added some cloves of garlic...

stir it all up and place in the oven...at 425....

half way through....stir....the cauliflower is so brown and has a real nice nutty flavor...

when cauliflower is soft take out and cool for 10 minutes....

place in food processor, with lemon juice and toasted sesame seeds...blend while pouring in the olive oil....I would dare anyone to tell the difference between this and hummus...tastes the same to me...my 13 year old granddaughter ate it and thought it was great until I told her it was cauliflower...sad but true....

place in a bowl and serve with pita chips or vegetables in my overabundant case....

Cheers to Happy  !!

No comments:

Post a Comment