Sunday, October 2, 2011

I saved you...

I have been M.I.A. lately...spending alot of time at work, and in my yard, right here in my little haven...not fancy, but cozy and comforting...now that summer is winding down and fall and long winter nights settling in it is time to start thinking about comfort foods ...Mmmmm.....I  love the feeling of fall in the air. It is so crisp and clean. The leaves are changing color and the grass is not growing as fast anymore. Now I have time, ah sweet, sweet time... 

I want you to know that I don't post everything I make..I had this terrific idea to make tres leches rice pudding. When I was young my mother made rice pudding often...she would put some spices and raisins and milk in the pan with rice and cook it for a while on the back burner, it was a great comfort food for cold evenings...I thought to make it like risotto.. that it would be perfectly creamy, I imagined award winning..Hah!...it didn't turn out so hot...it took 2 hours to make, and after alot of stirring...it was finally done, perfectly creamy... I put it in a cup, and topped with raspberries and finished taking the picture, and went to take my first bite...it was like gluey, gummy ick...not very appetizing...Crum!

pretty though huh? My chickens are going to be so HAPPY!

Cheers to Happy  !!

No comments:

Post a Comment