Sunday, January 1, 2012

Roasted Apple Sauce...

I love, love, love fresh apple sauce...and this is a great way to use up winter apples...this recipe could be changed up so easily...just add what you and your family likes....you could grate fresh orange peel and juice the orange, I had the tangerines so added them whole....this is a take on Ina Gartens recipe...

Roasted Apple Sauce
4 pounds Fuji apples (or your favorite)
3 tangerines
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 Cinnamon sticks
1 tsp grated ginger
7 cloves
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of butter
1/2 tsp of fresh nutmeg
1/2 cup water...
quarter and core the apples, add to a roaster pan...and all the rest of the ingredients...give a little stir, place in the oven at 375 degree oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours until the apples are soft...take it our of the oven, using tongs squeeze the juice out of the tangerines, and pick out the Cinnamon sticks and cloves and give the sauce several big stirs...it knocks the apples off their skins...now you can easily pick out the skins...

 apples in pan...

add all the seasonings and fruit....

put on the lid and bake....

after and hour and a half....this heavenly smelling apples goodness comes out of the oven....

after taking out all the skins and spices.....

place in a jar and store until ready to use...it is such a pretty color...

I had some with yogurt...but I will also have some with pork....it is so sweet and you can taste all the flavors that baked right in it!...

Cheers to Happy  !!

1 comment:

  1. Tummy. I wish I had done this with some of my apples. I hope I remember it for next year.

    ReplyDelete