Friday, March 23, 2012

Peach Pie...

I made my first Gluten Free Pie yesterday... I am a pie maker, it is what I did for a job for quite a long time, ...I made pies...so after almost a year of making 'regular pie' at home and at my restaurant and eating no pie myself, I decided it was time to give gluten free pie crust a try...after researching recipes I decided on Gluten Free Girl's recipe for my first go round...it was a little more difficult than regular flour dough, because of no gluten flour, it turned into a really wet dough, if it was regular flour, I would of thrown it away and started over...I used Bob's Redmill all purpose gluten free flour...the dough is soft and not easy to roll out...the bottom crust I rolled between wax paper and it stuck too much to that...the top I used plastic wrap for rolling and it worked fine...the crust is buttery and cookie like, not flaky, like pastry...but still very good....

I used fresh frozen peaches that I bought last summer in Yakima, for my filling....and vanilla ice cream really tops it off!

see?...kind of funky looking...

but cut nice, and held together....

don't laugh! this is the bottom crust, after I pieced it back together...I kept thinking, this will never even be edible...Holy Cow!

then I used the plastic wrap to roll the top...

peaches inside...

top on...edges pinched....(wished I would have spent more time with the edges) but at this point I really didn't think this pie was going to work out.....

in the oven, half cooked.....ok really starting to look like pie...'oh ye of little faith'...

after a couple of hours....pie and ice cream...good enough for company!  Yes I will be trying it again...cause I am still a pie baker....

Cheers to Happy  !!

No comments:

Post a Comment