Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pasta and Poached Eggs..

This is the most delicious dish, for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I saw a picture of this in one
of the trade magazines I get in the mail at the restaurant....I kept thinking about it, and about how great eggs and pasta would be together....It is quick to put together and so good! This would be great with a steak, it is already packed with protein, adding beef would really ramp it up...I made enough for 2 people, but you can easily make it for 10!

just a  few simple ingredients....red onions, cheese, mushrooms, garlic, and spinach, oh and farm fresh eggs...add what you like..I think fresh tomatoes and avacado would be terrific!

fry the bacon until crisp and done, drain on a paper towel and reserve 3 tablespoons of the bacon drippings in the pan.......

saute the onions, spinach and mushrooms, in the bacon drippings...until mostly done, then add...

  the spinach.....now stop right here, if you are making this in the summer swiss chard would make a great flavor boost here too....

the spinach cooks very quickly, maybe 90 seconds...

drain boiled noodles...

add to mixture and stir...

add grated cheese...use what ever cheese you choose...I added a mixture of grated parmesan and colby jack and cheddar...


plate in a bowl and add poached egg on top...

this is unbelievably good...the bacon and the egg and spinach...SO GOOD! I want everyone to make this...It is quick for a dinner and the egg really goes well with the pasta.

Cheers to Happy!!


1 comment:

  1. Wow. I don't know. I may give it a whirl. It sounds good but the egg throws me off. But then again, why not?

    ReplyDelete