Friday, June 22, 2012

Chili Cheese Dip and BBQ Sausages...

Last week my oldest daughter turned 40.......remember the song, Sunrise Sunset, in Fiddler on the Roof...with the words, I don't remember getting older, when did they? I have sang them a hundred times, and they never seemed more truer than now....I am not sure how that happened...she was just a sweet little tiny bird like baby, then a little tiny short toddler, with a sweet voice, with long hair and red patent leather shoes....wasn't that yesterday?

I decided to have a poker party for her birthday...she loves to play, well who doesn't? It was fun to plan and fun to decorate...I chose a lot of black and white and red foods...and things that Kim likes...that was Fun! We had red licorice, red hots and black jelly beans, white cheddar popcorn, nuts, vegetable tray and hotdogs with lots of ketchup, white cake with red and black frosting...I made two of her favorite hot dishes...BBQ sausages and a chili cheese dip...so simple it is embarrassing to blog, but there just may be one of you out there, that wants to throw a party....they would be a great addition to a super bowl party...or card party!

Kim is the sweetest girl in town!

some of her cousins came, some aunts, siblings and friends....we can see Rachels hand....hmmmm...

Whatever Eric was saying, they were all listening....We played  cards well into the night....It was great fun!
So on to the simple hot appetizers....

BBQ Sausages
This first one is BBQ sausages.....This is also very good with just sliced up polish sausages....put as many as you like in a pan or crock pot....

here is the secret ingredients and here is the story behind this...I have been making these for years,I have never told my daughter Kim or her daughter what is in the sauce...I knew they wouldn't eat them again, and they loved them so much I didn't want to spoil it for them...Misty is now 13 and I thought it was time for her to learn how to make them and accept the fact that it was made with grape jelly...yep, that is it, half grape jelly and half BBQ sauce of your choice...I received this recipe probably, 30 years ago...and have made it for get together's ever since....

ok time to stir it up and put on high in the crock pot till bubbling and then turn on low to slow cook...If you are doing on top of the stove, the same..bring to boil and then turn down to simmer for about an hour....

they are sweet and smokie and good....You will love these!


Chili Cheese Dip
The secret here is, No bean chili and Velveeta cheese, yes it is imperative that you must use Velveeta....put equal amounts into a pan or crock pot...

bring the to a boil and then turn to low...will keep for hours on low...eat with tortilla chips...

this is also good on a hot dog.....or from a spoon....(this is Misty's fun, finger nail polish, I wonder how she gets it strippedy).....

Throw a party, make some noise and make some fun!!!!!

Cheers to Happy  !!




1 comment:

  1. Ha! I knew about the grape jelly and bbq sauce. Yum. I've made that.

    Did not know about the chili cheese dip. My daughter insists on one I make with hamburger, sausage, green chilis, red diced tomatoes and yes - you are right. Must be velveeta!

    ReplyDelete