Monday, June 4, 2012

Tequila Lime Salmon



I never tire of Salmon...I could eat it every other day (so could my granddaughter) and no I did not tell her about the tequila part of this...she would not have tasted it... This recipe is so easy and good...it really looks like you did something, and sounds fancy, like something from a gourmet restaurant......the salmon is so tender and moist...does the lime make it tender? maybe...I think this same marinate would be great on a beef flank steak, barbecued and made into fajitas...add a couple of handfuls of chopped cilantro and it would be perfect...The marinade smells much like a garlicky margarita...well sorta anyway...oh, and shrimp would be great marinated like this and the skewered and grilled on the barbecue....ok I will stop now...I bet you have your own ideas!

Tequila Lime Salmon...

1/3 cup any tequila
1/3 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
5 cloves of chopped garlic
1 tablespoon of worcesterchire
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

stir all together and pour over salmon and marinate for 4 hours or overnight..broil or grill to desired doneness...

these are the ingredients, minus the olive oil, use any brand of tequila that you have....


stir the marinade up and pour into a plastic zip lock bag with the salmon...wait for at least 4 hours or overnite...oh and yes add the lime shells...they have tons of flavor....


place the marinated salmon on a broiler, covered with foil, you will thank me for this....


broil until desired doneness....



I served mine on a bed of chopped swiss chard...however you serve it, you are promised greatness!!!!

Cheers to Happy  !!  

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to find out more? I'd want to find out some additional information.
    Visit my page ... บ้านเชียงใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Yum! My Mom hated fish and I never was exposed to this delicious food until I could afford to purchase it in restaurants. Now, I cannot get enough of it.

    ReplyDelete