Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chebe...or Brazilian Cheese Bread...

Brazilian Cheese Bread


I had about given up on bread of all kinds...gluten free bread tastes funky...it is either crumbly or it is slippery in your mouth or you have to toast it to make it taste half way ok...It is easier to just not eat bread.  I had been seeing this recipe lately on several blogs...It is a bread they make in Brazil. The name is Pao de quejo. I found the recipe I used on this blog. This gal has many great recipes. I would like to try so many of them. What I liked about these buns, was the fact that this is the way they are supposed to be...They were not a recipe that someone modified so that it would be gluten free...It always was. They are so tender and cheesy and flavorful....They are going to now be my new go to bread...I think I can make hamburger buns out of them, they would make a great breakfast sandwich and the gal suggests using the dough to make a pizza crust! I can't wait!
These are so easy and fast to make...start to finish in 30 minutes...They do sell a Chebe mix, but you still have to add the eggs, butter and cheese...so you might as well just make your own and avoid the expensive mix. Click here for the recipe...

all the ingredients in the mixing bowl.....

mix very, very well....

shape into buns....dust some of the tapioca flour on your hands to prevent sticking...

bake for 10 minutes or until golden...

a basket of buns, ready to make into sandwiches or to have with your favorite soup...or just eat plain...it is hard to stop at one....

Cheers to Happy  !!



No comments:

Post a Comment