Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rhubarb Martini...

This really might be my last rhubarb post this year...maybe, well maybe not, I can't promise...but, I live right by the rhubarb capital of the world, Sumner Washington, my hometown, the town I grew up in. There is rhubarb sold everywhere...I don't think I have ever heard of a rhubarb martini...but it sounded so fabulous, that I thought I should give it a try...I started with making a rhubarb simple syrup and cooling it and then made the martini using it with 1 part to 2 parts vodka...it actually tastes a little like a cosmopolitan...so fruity and light...think a lemon drop, but with rhubarb....hmmmm..

Rhubarb simple syrup
2 cups cut rhubarb
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes...then strain and place in the fridge to wait for your martini's...






it is the prettiest color...very rosy.....

start with putting just a hair of vermouth in your cocktail shaker and swirl it around and then pour it out...you just need a tad...then add ice, your simple syrup and favorite vodka....give it several really good shakes, like 20 and then...

pour in your martini glass...

garnish with a lime wheel or orange wheel and of course your rhubarb stir stick....it is the rosiest most beautiful pink color...

invite your friends over,(or your favorite cousin Susan) wear funny hats and have a mar-tea-ni party!

Cheers to Happy  !!


No comments:

Post a Comment