Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rhubarb-Orange Marmalade...

Rhubarb-Orange Marmalade
Hope you are not tired of Rhubarb! I do love it...I finally planted a few of my own plants this year...I need my own supply..this is a great recipe...Rhubarb and Orange marmalade....what a great combination. It is the prettiest color...sort of a cross between salmon and rose...this jam would work well served with pork or brushed on chicken as it is baking...


Rhubarb-Orange Marmalade

makes about six 4-oz jars

6 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
5 cups sugar
2 medium oranges
Combine the rhubarb and sugar in a large heavy pot. Cut the oranges into quarters, removing any seeds, and grind them (including the peels) in a food processor. Add them to the rhubarb and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered and stirring often, until marmalade sheets from a spoon, about 1 hour. If you don't have a heavy bottomed pot you might want to use a heat diffuser to avoid burning.

Pour into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Adjust the caps and process in a boiling-water bath for 10 minutes.


just a few simple ingredients.....no pectin...

add the rhubarb to a heavy bottom pan and add the sugar...

slice your oranges, peel and all....

pulse all in the food processor until ground up, pretty good...

add to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 1 hour...

this is about ready.....hmmm I bet this would be good with a few pieces of fresh ginger in it....maybe next time...

here is the jars processing...since I only had a few jars I didn't want to get out my big canner so I processed them in my 'big pan'...to keep them from clunking together I dropped a few.....

dish cloths in there....it works great!

line your jars up on a towel so you can look at your rewards for a few days..

and enjoy some of the best and loveliest jam you have ever had!

Cheers to Happy  !!

No comments:

Post a Comment