Saturday, June 4, 2011

Carrot Salad...


You might as well know right now that I am a blog hopper...one of my favorite pastimes is blog hopping..I land on one blog, and then hop from there to another blog, and then another and then I forget how I got there...this salad came about just that way..I saw the picture of the salad on a blog....I loved the picture.......(I wish I knew, so I could give them the credit) I am not sure how the blogger got to that picture..I do know, that they had a similar picture..they had carrot curls, peas and pea shoots...it was the most beautiful picture for this summer sunshine.... I came up with my own version...right here...

these carrots are great...you can pick them out of your garden or buy them at your local farmers market...but fresh carrots are so sweet and good.....

peel your carrots and then either slice them on a mandolin or just use your potato peeler and make long carrot curls...make a light vinaigrette dressing with 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon, a half cup of olive oil and a teaspoon of Dijon mustard..whisk all together and toss this with the carrot curls..and arrange on a plate...or in my case....

 on a bed of watercress and topped with the seasoned carrot curls and fresh peas....so GOOD!

Cheers to Happy  !!

No comments:

Post a Comment