Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fremont and Flying Apron...

Fremont is a neighborhood in Seattle, Washington. Originally a separate city, it was annexed to Seattle in 1891. Named after Fremont, Nebraska. It was once home to Redhook brewery.....they have a summer solstice parade..that is naked people riding bicycles through town...not sure how that is legal....it is very trendy, and current. Fremont is famous for many things....

statue people waiting for the bus....

PCC market....

the Aurora bridge...

J.P. Patches and Gertrude dancing....

many house boats...on Lake Washington...walking around we walked by Adobe...sister Mary and I wanted to walk in and tell them we had Adobe...but talked ourselves out of that...then we went by Google...they surely would like our input in their designs.....

this is where Sleepless in Seattle was filmed....we looked for Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan...didn't see them though....


This is Sri Chinmoy.....Dreamer of World Peace...you hold onto his little light and say a prayer for world peace...and Yep, we did.....

his prayer.....


oh yes, I could really live here!


this is Troll Street under the Aurora bridge...let's get a little closer....

this is the troll under the bridge....see the Volkswagen in his right hand? it is a real car....this is one of the 'must see' sights in Seattle....

this is the rocket...another 'must see' in Seattle....the reason I came to Fremont was this...

the Flying Apron Bakery.....it is a vegan and gluten free bakery...very popular here in Seattle....



this is the funnest and most bountiful bakery....the food looks great!

oh my....




everything looks so great!!! What to buy?....

I bought the
Peanut Butter cupcake and my sister Mary bought the Chocolate one....they were so good...not to sweet, the cake was so amazing...I loved it so and the coffee, was the best coffee, really.....could it get any better?  I loved our trip to Fremont and Flying Apron....Flying Apron has a great cookbook...check it out on Amazon....
wow that is long...there must be a better way of doing that....!

Cheers to Happy  !!

2 comments:

  1. Aw man! I wanted pictures of naked cyclists! LOL! I googled it, so I see what you are speaking of. How DO they get away with that? Sheesh! I think I am just as curious as who is watching in the crowd. Kids and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fricken way! I bought coffee and a chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting from the same red head on that same day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete