Friday, June 25, 2010

Blackberry Salad Dressing


About a month ago, I planted my garden. I planted my salad vegetables in a horse trough.... then here is the Pacific Northwest the rains came, and they came, and they came some more.....it has been cold and winter like for most of the spring....my in the ground garden...is way behind schedule, just now having little plants start, but the container garden is.....abundant...
May 15th

June 23rd
Wow what a difference! So it is salad time at my house!!!! Here is a recipe that I learned many years ago, when I was at a restaurant near Mt. Rainier....the dressing on the salad was blackberry, it was the first time I had a fruity dressing, I asked the server about it and where I could buy something like that and she said 'oh, just make it! half blackberry syrup and half italian dressing!' that was how they made it....so easy! I have changed it up a bit to use, homemade vinaigrette.....but if you have italian dressing, use it! I would!


dressing ingredients
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tbls vinegar or lemon juice
1 heaping teaspoon grey poupon
1 tsp salt
several grind of pepper
4 tbls of berry syrup


measure and put all in a bowl and whip....

the finished product will be creamy......


Enjoy!!!!!!

Cheers to Happy  !!


No comments:

Post a Comment