Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Rosary...

Here is a story about how I came up with my very own rosary...

I work in a restaurant and one of my team members, Nery, (pronounced Nettie) had just finished work and had changed her uniform. She had just come down the stairs from the employee room and she had this lovely hand crafted rosary around her neck...I had never seen her wear this and I asked her about it....She had received it from her Mother in Mexico...her mother had made it for her...and as I looked closer you can see all the knots she tied and the dark wooden beads (might be seeds) and the wooden cross...I admired it so much she took it off and gave it to me...She wanted me to have it...A person can't say no, well she can say no just a little,  and then must be gracious and accept the most special gift...I am awed by this wonderful handmade rosary...I feel it is the real deal....each bead very symbolic...I am not Catholic, I come close though, I have 2 godchildren, and my daughters family are Catholic.....and  Guadalupe is my own special saint...every one gets a saint, if they want one, and she is mine....So I must of needed a Rosary of my very own....I will hang it in my room right above my Guadalupe statue where I can see it everyday....it will always remind me of the unselfish love that Nery showered on me....
This is Nery....She has the sweetest spirit.....and the best smile...I call her 'mama'...and she calls me 'mama'...I am not sure why, it is just what we do....

Cheers to Happy  !!


No comments:

Post a Comment