Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chicken Salad....

Since it is spring and since I had some rotisserie Chicken.....from the grocery store...I made a chicken salad for dinner....Oh man it is so good....and light and fresh and easy...it can be made ahead and assembled right before serving....


here are the ingredients:
2 cups of chicken
1 cup of celery
1 cup of seedless grapes cut in fourths
1/2 cup of sliced green onions
1 tablespoon of fresh thyme (optional)
1/4 cup of fresh parsley
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
2 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons of grey poupon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
nuts for garnish


mix the mayonnaise, mustard and honey together, I added a little cream to thin it out a little..

add all other prepped items...the chicken, onion, celery, grapes, parsley and thyme and mix...

ok great , now it is time to assemble.....

place butter lettuce leaves on a plate....or iceberg leaves.....heap chicken salad on top....garnish with nuts, I used candied almonds...but toasted hazelnuts or walnuts would be great too....it is great garnished with fresh pineapple or mango.....serve with a nice fresh piece of artisan bread.....Enjoy!!!!

Cheers to Happy  !!

1 comment:

  1. I like this version; I will try your recipe next time I make chicken salad. I like to take it to work for my lunch and have it on a croissant. Yum. And I think the butter lettuce would be good on the sandwich, too. I will try it!

    ReplyDelete