Monday, April 19, 2010

Mary's Mexican Casserole

I would love to make great Mexican food...I should know more about it, and I have it on my list of things to learn...I first want to learn to make Tamales...homemade Tamales with pork....I know just the person to teach me, just need the time....in the meantime, I want to show you how to make this casserole that is my sister Mary's recipe...it is great to take to potlucks...it takes no time at all ...especially because I cheat making it...and I want you to also...kay?

So to cheat you go to the store and buy all these things...a rotisserie chicken...flour tortillas...green salsa..a can of cream of mushroom soup, can of cream of chicken soup, 8 ounces already shredded jack and cheddar cheese, sour cream and pico de gallo...

mix the 2 cans of soup and green salsa together.....

cut about 10 tortillas into strips...

bone the chicken and chunk up...I just used the breasts.... and then put all the bones and dark meat in a stock pot and boiled with some carrots and celery and onions and make a nice chicken stock to have on hand for later...so lets assemble....

put some sauce on the bottom of a casserole.....

then put a layer of the tortilla strips.....

then put a thin layer of more sauce and layer of chicken and some of the shredded cheese...continue these layers and end with the cheese layer...much like making a lasagna....

Bake in a 350 oven covered for 20 minutes and then uncover for 10 minutes...

it is golden and cheese and creamy and so good........you could make this with corn tortillas, with spicy green chile and put hot peppers in it...you could add olives...you can make it with turkey or with pork....it's all good....

serve with sour cream and pico de gallo....Enjoy!

Cheers to Happy  !!

No comments:

Post a Comment