Friday, May 14, 2010

May yard....

I have not been blogging very much the last couple of weeks, I have been outside in my yard...getting it ready for summer...planting the garden...weeding...mowing...edgeing...and regular spruce up....

here I planted some starts of my heirloom plants, they are not up yet...I did take a peek inside and I didn't see anything...oh I hope they come up.....


this is my garden...I am trying to be alot more organized and try not to crowd things, last year I had a virtual jungle in there...I put up that red climbing deal...hoping that my climbing cucumbers will go up it...it is a piece of an old bed rail....I used sawdust to make a walking path...I hope it doesn't dissapear..last year it did....

this is a new addition this year...a water trough for animals..filled with compost...I planted chard, lettuce, carrots and radishes here...


this is the view back at my yard, from the garden...I thought I would show some of it....I walked around it this morning with my camera...I counted my Rhodes and Azalea's, 48 Rhodes and 30 Azaleas....the previous home owners were landscape designers....kind of them, huh?

this is the campground area....I love this area......this is the morning coffee area, it has that warm morning sun..

this is the outdoor favorite place..... the lawn swing may be my favorite...it is the place I dream about when I am at work
the herb garden, I planted some basil and caraway and cilantro seeds, I have high hopes for the basil....


this is the middle yard.....
I planted this planter, not exactly like the magazine picture I copied but close enough...
outdoor living area...

rhodie
rhodie

bearded iris....

rhodie

rhodie


rhodie
azalea..orange you glad I didn't say Rhodie?

lots more to blossom....

rhodie...

rhodies...

peonies ready to pop...

Rhodie that I don't know what it is....does anyone know? it looks like a cake decoration...

here is the ugly.....this is all weeds...lot more work to do!

Cheers to Happy  !!

No comments:

Post a Comment