Friday, August 6, 2010

Cilantro Lime Dressing...

When I am reading the menu at a restaurant, my eyes always stop of two key words, cilantro or basil...I can't get enough of either one....this is a great light dressing, with alot of cilantro...how much is to much?

1/2 cup of cilantro
juice of 1 lime
and 1/4 cup of olive oil
blend together in a blender and that's it!
mmmm... cilantro...
and here it is all made!
I put mine on a salad made of mango, pineapple, red onion, avocado, and cucumber,but use what you like....now just remember all the pretty colors of your fruit, because once you put on the dressing it is all green.....a beautiful color cilantro green....
I mixed the dressing in and put it on spinach greens.....but use the greens of your choice...butter lettuce would be great or green leaf....
I grilled some shrimp to place of top...
brushed with garlic butter...and
that was it....the salad it a great vehicle for the dressing! Great for these hot lazy days of summer!

Cheers to Happy  !!

1 comment:

  1. This salad looks divine!!! I love the bright pictures..makes me feel like I'm starving lol.

    ReplyDelete