Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mexican Potato and Vegetable Salad...

I first heard about this recipe a couple of years ago, from my friend Saul....I hadn't realized that there was another 'potato salad'....but there is a Mexican one that has potatoes, and no egg and mayonaise.....It is so good and filling! And what is better, it will hold up very well at an outdoor picnic! I think you could add whatever vegetables you like or have fresh...I think fresh roasted corn, cut off the cob would be good and radishes.....

Mexican-Style Potato and Vegetable Salad

11/2 pounds of boiling potatoes, such as yukon gold or red potatoes
boiled until soft and cut in cubes
1 cup of cut fresh green beans, blanched for 2 minutes
2 cups of assorted summer squash (zucchini or crookneck) blanched for 1 minute
1/2 cup sweet onion cut in pieces
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup of red pepper
mix all together and then toss with vinaigrette and garnish...set in fridge until time to serve

garnish
chiles (optional)
1/2 cup of cilantro
1/4 cup of sliced onions

vinaigrette
2 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped fine
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of lime juice
1/2 tsp of Worcestershire
1 tsp of cumin
pinch of salt
1/4 cup of Olive oil
1 tablespoon of fresh chopped oregano
whisk all ingredients together and set aside
here is all the vegetables prepped and ready to go....

all the ingredients for the dressing....

the dressing ready...

potatoes cooked and ready!


all in the bowl ready for the dressing....


Enjoy!

Cheers to Happy  !!

2 comments:

  1. It looks so colourful and delicious - I am going to make this myself. Hope I make as good a job as you have

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. I prefer a dressing without mayo, so I would like to try this one.

    ReplyDelete