Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Baked Mushroom Pork Chops and Potatoes

I have been eating this and making this recipe for as long as I can remember.....My mother made it and then I made it for my children, I would guess all my brothers and sisters make it for theirs...they say everyone makes 7 recipes over and over again...if so, this was ours...yummy pork chops...they are good enough for company....if more people show up for dinner (as often happened in our house growing up) you just add more potatoes....and a larger stack of bread and butter on the table....where did that tradition go? Who stopped it? I want it back......

my family used to make this with fatty bone in pork steak, this was the best...it was fall off the bone tender....since we no longer eat fatty pork steak I used 6 very meaty lean boneless pork chops....salt and pepper both sides...

heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a heavy skillet, over medium high heat .....

add your pork chops and begin frying them at about 3 minutes on each side....

when all are nicely browned...add to the pot......


about 10 scrubbed clean and cut red potatoes....

and 1 large can of cream of mushroom soup, or 2 or three small cans.....

it looks like this...I also added about 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce.....Iknow, I know it doesn't look like much....but just wait.....

cover with lid and put in a 400 degree oven for 2 hours......

comes out like this, pork chops fall apart, potatoes are so soft, hot and tender....and the gravy...ladle that over everything.....


This is so great, and yes go ahead and serve it with canned green beans, it just goes togehter!!!!! Very creamy and flavorful...your guests and family will love it, as much as ours does!!!

Cheers to Happy  !!



No comments:

Post a Comment