Monday, February 1, 2010

Dishes....

I am sure I can't be the only one that has an addiction! No it is not alcohol or cigarettes or drugs....it is coats, shoes and DISHES, yes there I said it and no I have never counted how many sets I have...more that I can use....they are tucked everywhere...I swore off buying anymore...nope not me...I do not need any more...I will not buy any...I don't have room for more...until I went to my sister's garage sale....and there were my Aunt Esther and Uncle Franks dishes....my sister does not share this sickness obviously or she wouldn't be selling them....I touched them and petted them and walked away from them...then decided that I couldn't bare if anyone else bought them...so that is how I ended up with these beautiful 150 year old dishes (they started out as my great Aunt Esther's mothers)
being so old they look so 'current' there is a motto here, if you see something you really want just buy it! As my Dad so often said 'folks it is only money'



This is the side story to go along with the dishes...on the back of each plate, cup and saucer is a blob of flesh colored finger nail polish....during the war with Japan, Aunt Esther was embarrassed about the 'made in Japan' on the bottom of her dishes so she covered the name up! Not that any one in her tiny little town would of ever turned her dishes over! Oh we all laughed about this every time we used them at their house!

Cheers to Happy  !!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Debbie those dishes are gorgeous! How lucky you are to have them. Such stories they could tell!

    ReplyDelete