Friday, February 5, 2010

Grandparents Day....

A couple weeks ago I got the invitation....Misty says "Gram, grandparents day is on Friday the 5th of February" and I put it on my calender and didn't think about it until yesterday....I have been once before, the year before last...last year it was cancelled because of snow.....I knew a little about what was expected...bring a cool lunch....You can buy the school lunch, but since Misty NEVER does buy lunch at school, I knew that was out. Now Misty is not real picky but....she doesn't like certain things, or should I say combination of things...Like she likes lettuce, but not on her sandwiches....I heard some grandparents go to Burger King or McDonalds and bring it into the school and have that....so here was the dilemma....was it COOL to buy lunch, go to fast food, or bring lunch? I wanted to be the COOL grandparent... I asked Misty and she said she didn't care...that was no help....so making her lunch was being my authentic self...the Gram she was stuck with...so I made lunch...

chicken sandwich with mayonnaise only.....no funny stuff....


pringles ( I did go with the reduced fat) you got to have a little crunch with your sandwich...


well here is the rest of the lunch, some little carrots and a cute frosted cookie...and clementine carbonated juice...doesn't that sound grand? Clementine pop....



So here is the follow-up....Misty was very gracious and loved her lunch...Yeah! But I couldn't help but notice NO ONE ELSE brought their grandchild's lunch from home....There was Subway, Quiznos, McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut, and believe it or not Olive Garden......come on, it is school lunch....really Olive Garden...so the moral of the story? I think is to bring 'artfully beautiful cupcakes' for the whole class and the teacher, the most beautiful cupcakes that the world has ever seen, and a personal sized pizza for your grandchild and pop in a plastic cup with a straw...and you claim to not be hungry and you just adoringly watch them eat.....

Cheers to Happy  !!

1 comment:

  1. Oh thank goodness you stayed your "authentic self" and took a lunch. She will remember it always, and would never remember some McDonalds lunch. But if you bring me lunch, I would be okay with Olive Garden; just sayin... :)

    ReplyDelete