Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Creamy Vegetable Soup....

One of my gifts for Valentines Day was a hand blender....it is the coolest toy, and I want everyone to get one...in just a jiffy you can make the best creamy soups....that is the only thing I have made so far but I have plans big plans, plans that involve salsas, and blended morning berry drinks...salad dressings..and even the best mashed potatoes....but first Creamy Vegetable Soup....



First I put all the vegetable from the vegetable drawer in the pot, and sauteed....there is broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, and a whole head of cabbage....I cooked it until it was very hot and then...

add a large container of chicken broth and then.....
bring to a boil and then cover and simmer on low for at least an hour....you want the vegetables very soft...
and the soup to get very done and soft...season and.....

time to start the blending.....

you could stop here and leave little bits of soup....

but I wanted it to get a little creamier....

now very creamy......

I put greek yogurt on mine as well as fresh Thyme, and handmade garlic spelt croutons....So Good!!

Cheers to Happy !!

No comments:

Post a Comment