Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pastry bags....

Today, Valentines day, I made cupcakes....I took them all across town to deliver them....it was great fun....they were just regular cupcakes, but they were beautiful...presentation is everything, or so I think....

here they are in the trunk of my car.....fun huh?
To make bakery looking cupcakes you need this.....trust me when I say this....
it is a cloth pastry bag. This one is 18 inches long but they also come in 12 inches and 24 inches...this one is a good size to work with...you can buy them at kitchen speciality shops...but don't...get them at a restaurant supply houses...in our area it is Cash and Carry....the bags and tips are cheap...you can put frosting in them to pipe or whip cream.....they wash up easy and will last years...
you cut the tip off.,, of the bag to fit your tips......so your tips will fit inside...just inside.....
like this...it is a tight fit, the frosting does not come out around it.....

just use regular buttercream frosting...it works perfect.....
your cupcakes come out so pretty.....

Cheers to Happy  !!

2 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to be a recipient of some of these wonderful cupcakes. Debbie has such a way of taking something so simple and going straight to the top. She always says we eat with our eyes first. She wins on pretty and tasty. Thank you Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure wish I live somewhere close to whatever town you drove all across. Those cupcakes are beeeutiful! I bet they were delicious, too, knowing you.

    ReplyDelete