Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dream a little Dream....

A person can dream.....I dream of many things, but travel is one of my favorite dreams...My biggest dream is to go to San Miguel de Allende in Mexico, I have been wanting to go there for a very long time, the town was founded in 1542....there are many historic facts about the town, and is known now for the arts, they have many schools there teaching painting, drawing, pottery, textiles and cooking...

The thing most people notice first in San Miguel is The Parroquia (right), the pseudogothic church in the heart of San Miguel de Allende.

Legend has it that the architect of the facade (added in 1888) of the church had never seen a gothic church and had to take his ideas from picture postcards of the gothic cathedrals of Europe. Apparently not much of a draftsman, he drew pictures of his concept in the dirt in front of the church to show his workmen what he envisioned.

Doesn't is look just grand? the church is pink...they used pink stone..
imagine a PINK church.....

I can neither afford to go there for a visit and afford to retire there...but...if ever I turn up missing, and you need to find me...I would look there first....


....so, for now, I travel via the internet....I look at all the sights and surrounding area...when doing this research I found that by going to Craigslist, I could change to Mexico, then to San Miguel , and find housing, apartments, a maid, a car, a school, even some chickens...

this is a real nice place in san miguel...this is the courtyard....

this is a better place....has 8 bedrooms and bathrooms...plenty of room for friends and family to come and vacation....
http://www.tesoro23.com/ this is a link (couldn't import pictures) and worth a look at the slideshow of a great historic house in town, this is the favorite, remember were only dreaming and money is no object...

I encourage you all to do the same, It is very fun to go to Italy or France too...the prices are not in US currency...so you are not alarmed with the prices, who knows it could all be in your price range...

House AA333 For Sale in Umbria (Italy) - Affidata.co.uk

This house in in Italy, in the country side near Rome....oh my I could really live here....would you visit?
You all probably think I have too much time on my hands, but no not really, sometimes I might have to much stress, and then I breathe, just breathe and dream a little dream.....

Cheers to Happy  !!

No comments:

Post a Comment