Sunday, September 26, 2010

Powell's Books...


Powells Book Store.....this is the best reason to go to Portland Oregon....there is nothing better than a great bookstore.....This bookstore has new and used books...millions of them...you can also order the books online....the store covers a whole city block...each subject is in different rooms....

not sure if you can see this....you find your subject and look at the color room it is in...and then get a map, and go on a hunt! It is quite possible to pick out a bag of books and not even move 100 feet from the door...you can spend literally days in this store....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

these are all cookbooks...I first downloaded 174 pictures onto this blog space and then decided it might be a little much.....this is the cookbook section...it is in the orange room..there are rows and rows of cookbooks in sections clearly labeled and broken down..making it easy to find books, that you can hardly leave on the shelf...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know can you believe it? me either...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 

then I came to this..I couldn't believe my eyes...two cookbooks that have been out of print....I used have them, and loaned them out, never to be seen again....I grabbed them off the shelf, as if I was going to have to fight someone for them....

Don't they look fun!

go and check Powell's Books out....it is one of the happiest things to do!


Cheers to Happy  !!

No comments:

Post a Comment