Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easy Coconut Pie

Easter makes you think of lemons and coconut and raspberries. (or maybe not raspberries, maybe only I think of them) The welcome spring is definitely here at last....here is a recipe that is as easy as pie...hahahaha...just a few ingredients and 5 minutes prep and into the oven..presto!

this pie is sinful.....actually don't make this pie...really if you like coconut DON'T do it! I am right now, as I write this eating my second piece and thinking about one more.....

Coconut Pie
1 c. sugar
~1/3 c. butter, melted
~4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
~2 eggs
~1 c. buttermilk or soured milk
~1 T. vanilla
~1/2 c. my homemade baking mix or Bisquick
~1/2 c. coconut shreds

Mix all but coconut in a blender or with an immersion blender, stir in coconut and pour into an 8 or 9 inch pie pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.

Bake at 350*F for 45 minutes or until the pie jiggles as one mass and doesn't have a liquid center.

put all the ingredients, except the coconut, in a bowl or the blender.....and blend

I have this immersion blender that worked perfect for this.......then mix in the half cup of coconut, I was very tempted to add more, but didn't....and am glad I didn't....it would take away from tasting all the other creamy buttery goodness....

pour in a pie plate that you have sprayed with cooking spray...pop in the 350 oven...

45 minutes later and it is finished! Store left overs in the fridge.......

leftovers?

Cheers to Happy  !!

No comments:

Post a Comment