Thursday, March 4, 2010

Outdoor Kitchen

I look in magazines and constantly see these fabulous outdoor kitchens...I love them! Sometimes it is the whole living room outdoors too....I dream to have that! To sit in a fabulous garden and cook and eat dinner, and laze around on those hot summer nights in a white flowing dress and sandals, oh no I think barefoot....ahhhh....On my little tiny budget, I don't think it will ever be in my future, but I am planning on an outdoor kitchen...something cottagey, something that will be cozy and very functional! So yes a barbecue area, but also a fridge and stove....yep I know the magazines don't have a stove, but wouldn't it be heavenly to fry fish and oysters outside? and how about canning? and why not bake a cake and cookies while you are outside, and keep the heat out there.....when you have those hot days, and don't want to heat up your house....yep, outside is the solution....here are some pictures of the patio last summer...

Last summer.....this area was where I put the table....

behind Saul you can see the breeze way.....this is where I want to put the kitchen...

this was the hottest day of the summer...105....this is one good reason for an outdoor kitchen....this is a sorta view of the living area to the far left....


here is a picture of it....

these pictures are the area today, in winter....this is between my door and my daughters mother-in-law apartment....

we had added this fence last summer...it did block out some of the road view and breeze....

this is a shot of behind the breezeway....I would like to put a sliding door there, so I can close it off when the breeze comes through...or for privacy.....

this is the front of it.....(and yes the neighbor does stand and look over the fence and ask what is for dinner) I am thinking a small fridge, a stove, and gas bbq...something like a kitchen cabinet to put on the wall......I am very open to some ideas....please help me...ok that sounded desperate didn't it?

Instead of buying an outdoor range, I thought maybe of buying a new one for the house and taking my kitchen one outside.....it has served its purpose in the house, been a good stove....

I bought it when I moved here for $50 dollars..put a little appliance paint on it and it was as good as new....So this idea started the search for a new stove, my goodness it has been years since I shopped a new stove, actually now that I think of it, I have never bought a brand new stove....I did find yesterday in town the coolest stove ever made.....the AGA stove....made in Sweden...my goodness that is the coolest stove in the whole world......and very pricey....so I will be looking at Lowes or Sears.....

Cheers to Happy  !!

1 comment:

  1. You already have a wonderful outdoor space, but I think it would be fun to put your stove out there. I just plug my electric fry pan in and put it on the table at the end of the garage in winter and on the patio in summer. That is my "outdoor kitchen".

    ReplyDelete