Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Churches

I have a fascination with churches. I love to look at them, wonder about them and go in them. I have been known to light candles in them and think about the weddings, baptisms and funerals that have gone on in them. The older the better and the more gothic the better. They make me happy. I have favorites, many, many favorites. I will share some of them on Sundays (of course).




This the the Catholic church in San Francisco. St Peter and Paul's church. It is downtown in little Italy, right next to Washington Park.

The last time I was there, I went in and went up toward the front of the church and lit a candle and was thinking about the family that have died since I was last there.
(very reverently) There were some very old people who were coming in and sitting down, I didn't think to much about it and then I heard some talking and realized mass was starting. whoops! I sat down in the second row and spent the next hour attending mass. (no, I am not catholic) It sure turned into a highlight of the trip for me.

Cheers to Happy !    

1 comment:

  1. I was lucky enough to get to attend some of those churches in San Fransisco with the the author of "Cheers to Happy". What an awesome experience, just the feelings in those old churches, and lighting candles with the different angels, it was great.

    ReplyDelete