Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Basghetti or Vodka Sauce....



This is basghetti....this is what my children called it anyway....I made it tonight for my grandaughter..so simple and I dare anyone to tell the difference with this or any great italian restaurant Vodka Sauce...seriously...It is so flavorful and good...

first you brown a small onion and 2 cloves of garlic...then add any meat....I used italian sausage,  but regular bacon is so delicious, and so is hamburger....I put in sliced mushrooms and sauteed them as well., then a couple of dashes of dried basil and dried oregano....then added the secret indredient, one that is in every cupboard in the United States...are you ready?????a can of Campbells tomato soup....I know it just doesn't get any better....I know what you are thinking, but you will thank me for this later, next I put in cooked angel hair pasta as soon as the sauce was done, but penne would be just as good, add some shredded hard cheese on top and it is finished.

It taste's like you went to one of those fancy schmancy restaurants....of course you want to add a salad and some great french bread....and maybe a bottle of  great red wine....unless it is for the children...then give them cold milk....of course...

Cheers to Happy  !!




1 comment:

  1. Great recipes and such a nice job on your blog. Very very nice.

    ReplyDelete