Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pollo al Rhum


Pollo al Rhum (Chicken in Rum)

This Chicken is so delicious....it is like a hot buttered rum and chicken, well a little anyway....it is buttery and it has rum and the nutmeg is so subtle, it is hard to distinguish just what that wonderful flavor is...using thighs the chicken stays moist...I found this recipe on-line in Savour Magazine...it is from a fellow food blogger...I knew I had to make it as soon as I read it......I think it would work with breasts as well....You will love this! Guaranteed Good!!



 for this recipe.... 4 chicken thighs, 4 sage leaves, 1/2 cup of rum (I bought the little bottle at the liquor store) 1 cup chicken stock, 3 1/2 T butter, 1 large pinch of nutmeg and salt and pepper


wash and trim your chicken thighs and pat, pat, pat dry....salt and pepper..



place 3 1/2 tablespoons of butter in a heavy skillet and the four sage leaves...heat to medium high...and add the seasoned chicken skin side down ....








grate or sprinkle nutmeg over top of chicken..



brown chicken on all sides....



I mean 'all' sides...


then add the chicken stock and bring to a boil and cook for 6 minutes...



then add rum and bring back to a boil and then cover and turn down to a simmer...



cook for 20 minutes turning the chicken often...the last 5 minutes or so...lift the lid and let the sauce reduce some...look, my new pan has a chip in it, how did that happen?



and serve....I served it with potato gnocchi with alfredo sauce and steamed broccoli....also be sure and sneak out the cooked sage leaves from the sauce and eat with your chicken, tell the others they aren't good and then maybe you can have all 4 pieces...the crispy little leaves taste wonderful!

Cheers to Happy  !!

No comments:

Post a Comment