Wednesday, January 6, 2010

She rocks!

Do you collect rocks? I think more people do, and they don't talk about it....closet rock collecting....there is something about rocks, that connect you to a place like nothing else....I pick up a rock when I travel, or a camping trip, or the beach, or the mountains from a stream....some of my rocks are huge, and they are outside...small rocks are put in a jar at home...I have a rock in one of my coat pockets, that my brother gave me, because he said it felt good to hold in your hand, and I put it in my coat pocket and that is where I visit it....in my coat pocket...when we were children we used to lick rocks to make them look pretty....and split them in half to look inside.....


here is my jar of rocks, the big speckeled one is shaped like an egg. My children found it on Whidbey Island on Easter and put it in with the Easter eggs...there are rocks from New Mexico....There are rocks with diamonds in them and some with gold...some look like agates and some slate...


these rocks are very special....we had a dinner in Salmon Idaho at the cabin and found rocks at the river and wrote on them for place settings and decorations....there is my dad and sister Mary's  rock...the waverly's is a story in itself...


there is Pamela Ann's rock....


there is Perry's and Mom's


that pinkish one says Susan, and there is mine....as I remember some of us that went to collect the rocks, got to choose our own....and some we chose for the people....we just wrote saying's on some and laid them around the table....I treasure these rocks....sometime's I chuckle, when I think about someday my children or grandchildren coming across these things and wondering 'what the heck' is she doing with all these?

Cheers to Happy  !!

1 comment:

  1. Do you love these rocks. This is the best. Looking at the pictures bring back so many memories of carefree days in Idaho. We are so human all of us. We thought those times would go on forever. Time has passed, I will treasure the fun memories I have of the wonderful place.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete