Monday, November 9, 2009

Regular White Vinegar.....who knew..




Soften fabrics, kill bacteria, eliminate static, and more


There are so many benefits to be reaped by adding 1/2 cup white vinegar to your washer's rinse cycle that it's surprising that you don't find it prominently mentioned inside the owner's manual of every washing machine sold. Here are the main ones:

A single 1/2 cup of vinegar will kill off any bacteria that may be present in your wash load, especially if it includes cloth diapers and the like.
A half-a-cup of vinegar will keep your clothes coming out of the wash soft and smelling fresh -- so you can kiss your fabric-softening liquids and sheets good-bye.

A cup of vinegar will brighten small loads of white clothes.

Added to the last rinse, a cup of vinegar will keep your clothes lint- and static-free.

Adding a cupful of vinegar to the last rinse will set the color of your newly dyed fabrics.

Who knew any of that? Well I didn't. I had been researching another source of softening my clothes other than a dryer sheet, and heard of vinegar....it is cheap enough..2.69 a gallon...using only a half a cup works so well in the rinse cycle...an amazing natural ingredient! and no your clothes don't smell like pickles...

Give it a try...what do you have to loose? Everyone has some vinegar in the cupboard, right?

Cheers to Happy  !!

2 comments:

  1. I love using vinegar to clean since it keeps me green! Im going to use it right now in my load I just started. Thank you Aunt Debbie for all your great tips. You are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to mention that I have been using this method for about a month now, and yes, the clothes always come out of the dryer smelling so fresh! One little thing I've noticed though is that there is still static cling. Am I using enough? I am going to try putting some on a damp washcloth and tossing it in the dryer with the wet clothes. I'll let you know how that works.

    ReplyDelete