Saturday, October 10, 2009

A fall arrangment

Now that we are fully into fall, in the Pacific Northwest, it was time to do a little something for the back porch...my grandaughter and I went to a local pumpkin patch where I knew they would have squash and gourds too. Oh my, oh my, a Saturday was not the day to go, there were about 500 to 1,000 people there...



We did our best with our wheelbarrow,
and rolled it around to try to keep out of everyones way,


first we picked out some pumpkins,


then some squash and gourds,



filled a great big wheelbarrow,
(that great big pink squash is called a pink banana squash, I don't think I have ever seen one of those, the nice man said it is the 'best eaten squash he ever ate')


Then go get your wheelbarrow weighed and pay the nice man a million dollars $,


and start decorating.


I really like this old wooden tool box, see that green gourd on top? It is called a swan gourd, looks like a swan doesn't it?


Ta Da!!!!! All done!!!!! and the good news?
When you are done with the decoration's you can eat them this winter.

Cheers to Happy !!

2 comments:

  1. I like it a lot. It looks homey, and inspires me to get going on doing a fall decoration on my porch. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make a birdhouse out of that swan gourd! It works better if you have a bigger one..but still! It could be a birdhouse for very small birds..

    ReplyDelete