Friday, October 30, 2009

VELVEETA "GOURMET" MACARONI AND CHEESE



First just let me say that this is the most fun little blog spot.
Debbie (my little sister) is just as fabulous as she seems. And yes when she cooks her kitchen looks just like the pictures. I always love being invited to her house for any reason. And especially for dinner, or any other meal for that matter. She is the best hostess anywhere.
And so now that I have explained all of that today I am going to show you how the others really live.  You see I like to cook too.  However things are not as neat when I am cooking.  I call it white trash cooking and that is a term of endearment at my house.
The dish I made to show you is an all time everyone comfort food favorite.  Remember when our Mom's would take elbow macaroni and velveeta cheese and whip us the best dinner in town.  Well here is the recipe and yum I say it is the best.

What You Need!



Right... the pantry isn't properly organized, it is all in here though. 

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, divided
1/4 cup  flour
1 cup milk
1/2 lb.  (8 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked, drained
1/2 cup  KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
6 RITZ Crackers, crushed




Make It!


HEAT oven to 350°F.

MELT 3 Tbsp. butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook 2 min., stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk; cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Add VELVEETA; cook 3 min. or until melted, stirring frequently. Stir in macaroni.


One of the best things about Velveeta cheese, it is easy to cut.



See it is looking pretty nice, I am thinkin'.



Ok then, the pasta and sauce are all mixed up and
in the pans.

SPOON into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with Cheddar. Melt   remaining butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.

It was going so well with the crushing the ritz crackers the proper way
in the zip lock bag and with the rolling pin.  However, it seems I did not have enough crushed crackers so I  just did what any good all American girl would do, crushed the rest with my nice clean hands, 
they are not as finely crushed at the others.  I think they give the dish a nice friendly rustic look.



BAKE 20 min. or until heated through


While the Macaroni and Cheese is baking cleaning up the mess might be good.   As you can see I used lots of pots and pans.



So cute this kitchen is.  




With any luck at all the kitchen will be neat and tidy when you are finished.



What do you think?  I say it was good.
They all came back for more.  Happy Day!!



I was so glad there was a little bit left over for this casserole for later.  Yum comfort food.




Cheers to Happy!!!!












.






2 comments:

  1. Oh that looks so good!!!!!I can't wait to try it! and the kitchen is so cozy cute.....i want to live with you and you can cook for ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for finally talking about > "VELVEETA "GOURMET" MACARONI AND CHEESE" < Loved it!
    Visit my blog post : click through the up coming post

    ReplyDelete